Monday, June 20, 2005

Week Old Site Prompts Confusion

Fellow Americans, today is the "one week anniversary" of the birth of this fine site. While responses continue pour in from well-meaning people everywhere, some confusion seems to exist concerning our intentions. Some are convinced that that boycott is "bull" (in fairness, likely not meaning the female counterpart to the cow, but instead meaning a "farce," a "scam," a "hoax"). Others, however, are merely seeking clarity to clear up the confusion. An example of this viewpoint is seen in this post by Desmond who signs in as Eric Gieszl. Believe me, we have no intention of prompting confusion in the mind of Desmond who signs in as Eric Gieszl. Whether we're addressing Desmond, Guido De Vido, or anyone else, we want to be as straightforward as possible in our communication (since we're certain they'd be willing to do the same for us). After discussion within the AAARNR staff, we're perplexed as to how our intentions could be misunderstood. Apart from the inaugural articles on this site, Aaron's posted response should provide clarity enough for any who are in doubt about the true, deeply felt, contempt we feel for those despicables who spew forth sordid splatterings of spit and spin.
Sincerely,
AA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit I was somewhat confused but I think I understand now.

Katie said...

Please don't put that in a browser. If anyone is tempted to visit that boycotted site, please contact me at once. It is gravely important.
CoastinKatie23@aol.com

Katie the anti-arnr counselor.

Katie said...

I won't, I am here when all is needed.

Rev, Aaron, we need a thread to start the 12 step program. Help!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

My understanding is that AA will expect you to post an imformative article with such information
-rev

AmericanAgainst said...

That's correct, Rev. Kate's membership info is in process.
AA

WildOnesCoasterClub said...

I don't think any further clarification should be needed as to our true intentions. Long live the Boycott!

Aaron