ARN&R Reduced to a tweet or two.
Alvey rides New Texas Giant with one remaining friend.
Our Mission continues till they give up!
Monday, October 24, 2005
In Memory of Astroworld: 1968 - 2005
Here's something you won't find on ARNR. A tribute "bite" for a park that's soon to be gone - forever: The Thrill is Gone
Feel free to post any of your own memories / comments about this.
AA (Yes, of course, in some ways we blame ARNR)
16 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I went to Astroworld in the summer of 1991. It was part of a trip we took from New Orleans to Houston with our church youth group. I certainly don't remember it being a "bad" park back then. The Cyclone rocked. The 2nd drop coming out of the fan turn was great. I remember carrying water bottles at all times to kep from dehydrating, but the very hot weather was the only negative of the whole trip.
We actually rather liked SFAW as well. Last visit was when Zonga was opening. Everything was running well and the park seemed hopeful. It certainly wasn't a flagship park but it was quite solid at the time. Oh well.
Keep trying, Funk. There still has to be some way we can make some direct/indirect connection btw. this event and ARNR. We all know they're responsible, we just have to find out how.
16 comments:
I went to Astroworld in the summer of 1991. It was part of a trip we took from New Orleans to Houston with our church youth group. I certainly don't remember it being a "bad" park back then. The Cyclone rocked. The 2nd drop coming out of the fan turn was great. I remember carrying water bottles at all times to kep from dehydrating, but the very hot weather was the only negative of the whole trip.
-Rev
Greased lightning was excellent.
Probably my favorite Schwartzkof
shuttle anywhere.
T
Thanks for this tribute.
I don't give a rip what arn&r or anyone else thinks. The park wasn't that bad.
We actually rather liked SFAW as well. Last visit was when Zonga was opening. Everything was running well and the park seemed hopeful. It certainly wasn't a flagship park but it was quite solid at the time. Oh well.
R.I.P Astroworld, we shall miss you! Long live the Texas Cyclone!
Katie, who is very sad.
Heck.
Guess we can't blame ARNR anymore.
It just HAS to be their fault for SOME reason.
We'll find one.
AA
I also had my first initiation to
one of those monster cliff-drop
waterslides at their water park
next door.
Rev
Astroworld got the shaft. It's not the worst of the 6 flaggers imo
We will miss SFAW but Guys and Gals, We all know who will miss it most.
MrDaffy2000 on RRC, This guys gone through mental illness, Cancer and now his favorite park of all time closing.
Poor guy! and of course ARN&R just rips the crap out of him.
Those Bastards!
Funky
Don't think we ever have actually done anything about Daffy, certainly not after we learned more about his situation.
I have been through Texas but have never visited any of the parks (yet).
It's always sad to see a park close down, but hopefully SOME of those rides will make their way back east. ;-)
Keep trying, Funk. There still has to be some way we can make some direct/indirect connection btw. this event and ARNR. We all know they're responsible, we just have to find out how.
AA
Yup, Somewhere behind the scenes. ARN&R is responsible for the whole two billion dollar SF debt.
It don't surprise me one bit. I think SF customer service is actually run by ARN&R. Hence the connection!
Get em in and treat em like crap. Thats the ARN&R way. The way AAARN&R will aways be against!
Funky
Maybe it's our fault because we haven't been back there recently enough?
And even with our worldwide headquarter towers being in New England, we didn't go to SFNE once this year. (And that's with a season pass.)
Just trying to help out.
At least they addmit it.
I think that's a decoy, Funk.
They're trying to dodge the real reasons.
AA
Post a Comment