ARN&R Reduced to a tweet or two.
Alvey rides New Texas Giant with one remaining friend.
Our Mission continues till they give up!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Interview with Former ARNR chief
I don't want to clog up the main page with the interview, so click on the comments for this article to read a very insightful interview with former ARNR head JCK.
Here is the interview I recently conducted over AIM with JCK, formerly of ARNR:
ME: First of all JCK, thank you for agreeing to conduct this interview with me.
JCK: No problem. These are things I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now.
ME: First of all, why did you get involved with ARNR in the first place?
JCK: At first it seemed like it was just a fun thing to do. We'd crack a few jokes, make fun of some people, but it was all in good fun.
ME: At first?
JCK: Yeah, at first. We started off pretty innocently, but it quickly started to excelate. Before long we were making fun of anyone for anything: race, body type, sexual preference, you name it. It was pretty bad.
ME: So what caused you to change your mind?
JCK: It wasn't a sudden change. I can tell you that much. One day we received an e-mail from Al W about a certain post on Ultimate Rollercoaster. I went and checked it out. It was some loser complaining that we made fun of him and his friends and that he was "boycotting" us. Well of course, we made fun of him some more for that, but it got me thinking.
ME: You realize, of course, that "loser" was me? lol
JCK: Yeah, sorry about that. But I really have to thank you looking back. That post on URC started to eat at me. As I saw more and more people joining in with your boycott, I started to look at it from you guys' point of view. It wasn't just innocent fun, it was cruel and mean-spirited.
ME: But that was the former you, right?
JCK: Definitely. I'm changed now. I've seen the light. Whatever, dorky cliche you wanna use, I've done it. There was nothing fun about what we were doing, and I'm ashamed I was ever a part of it.
ME: What do you think of the current group over at ARNR?
JCK: lol Not a whole lot. At least some of our mean stuff was funny. This group is just stupid. I've never read so much crap in my life. It's really sad.
ME: I agree with you there. Any advice for those guys?
JCK: Just 3 little words, "GET A LIFE".
ME: Well, thanks for your time. Some people may have more questions on the Boycott site if you're up to answering them.
JCK: I'll be sure to check in every couple of days.
ME: Alright. Thanks again.
JCK: Thank you for helping me out of a bad time. I know if sounds stupid, but I really appreciate it.
ME: No problem. Later.
JCK: Bye
There it is. If anyone has any comments or questions, feel free to post them.
JCK is an Arn&r backer through and through. Also, what Meg said is correct. Drumming up fake ideas about arn&r not being "PC" enough is stupid. I read the site weekly and have never seen an article with orientation or racial slurs.
If you guys read the article carefully (I know reading is difficult for some of you), you'll see that he is speaking in general terms. He was just saying that nothing was off limits for them. I don't think he specifically meant they made fun of those groups of people, just that they would make fun of anyone to get a laugh.
The original post from ARNR has been deleted, but you can see CMV comment and even see Gator (a major supporter of ARNR) comment on the post. Another reader of the tabloid comments on the article making fun of homeless people as well. I'm sure you hate homeless people anyway, so you probably laughed hysterically at that one.
I wasted my time looking up just one of those: 4 8 2005 As I suspected it had nothing to do with pedophilia. I won't waste my time trying to look up any of the others. You guys are complete liars besides being dweezils. Accusations like these aren't close to being funny either. This site sucks raw eggs poured on stale rye without the mayo.
Apparently you're not familiar with NAMBLA Meg? ARNR opening jokes about the North American Man Boy Love Association. ARNR promotes both pedophilia and open borders in this article. If you want to discuss whether these things are good or not, we can do that. I think both are bad.
So how is linking to something showing support? They also linked to a white supremicist site. Are you saying they're white supremicists? I guess you need to read the "satire" disclaimer again at the bottom of their home page.
15 comments:
Here is the interview I recently conducted over AIM with JCK, formerly of ARNR:
ME: First of all JCK, thank you for agreeing to conduct this interview with me.
JCK: No problem. These are things I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now.
ME: First of all, why did you get involved with ARNR in the first place?
JCK: At first it seemed like it was just a fun thing to do. We'd crack a few jokes, make fun of some people, but it was all in good fun.
ME: At first?
JCK: Yeah, at first. We started off pretty innocently, but it quickly started to excelate. Before long we were making fun of anyone for anything: race, body type, sexual preference, you name it. It was pretty bad.
ME: So what caused you to change your mind?
JCK: It wasn't a sudden change. I can tell you that much. One day we received an e-mail from Al W about a certain post on Ultimate Rollercoaster. I went and checked it out. It was some loser complaining that we made fun of him and his friends and that he was "boycotting" us. Well of course, we made fun of him some more for that, but it got me thinking.
ME: You realize, of course, that "loser" was me? lol
JCK: Yeah, sorry about that. But I really have to thank you looking back. That post on URC started to eat at me. As I saw more and more people joining in with your boycott, I started to look at it from you guys' point of view. It wasn't just innocent fun, it was cruel and mean-spirited.
ME: But that was the former you, right?
JCK: Definitely. I'm changed now. I've seen the light. Whatever, dorky cliche you wanna use, I've done it. There was nothing fun about what we were doing, and I'm ashamed I was ever a part of it.
ME: What do you think of the current group over at ARNR?
JCK: lol Not a whole lot. At least some of our mean stuff was funny. This group is just stupid. I've never read so much crap in my life. It's really sad.
ME: I agree with you there. Any advice for those guys?
JCK: Just 3 little words, "GET A LIFE".
ME: Well, thanks for your time. Some people may have more questions on the Boycott site if you're up to answering them.
JCK: I'll be sure to check in every couple of days.
ME: Alright. Thanks again.
JCK: Thank you for helping me out of a bad time. I know if sounds stupid, but I really appreciate it.
ME: No problem. Later.
JCK: Bye
There it is. If anyone has any comments or questions, feel free to post them.
Aaron
That was definitely insightful.
AA
I don't know of any articles by ARNR that are homophobic. This is complete bull.
Meg
I also don't know of any article making fun fo people for their race. That's complete bull also.
Meg
This whole site is bull "expletive."
Show me one article that speaks of
race or "preference" being made fun of and maybe I won't think everything on this site is bull "expetive."
Too late, I already think that.
Meg
Im still wary of JCK. Only when he becomes a staff writer for AAARN&R denouncing them and proving that he's reformed will I trust that guy.
I know, It's best to forgive and move on. BUT THE HURT RUNS DEEP!
Funky
JCK is an Arn&r backer through and through. Also, what Meg said is correct. Drumming up fake ideas about arn&r not being "PC" enough is stupid. I read the site weekly and have never seen an article with orientation or racial slurs.
Weekly
If you guys read the article carefully (I know reading is difficult for some of you), you'll see that he is speaking in general terms. He was just saying that nothing was off limits for them. I don't think he specifically meant they made fun of those groups of people, just that they would make fun of anyone to get a laugh.
Aaron
Meg,
For some of the anti-homosexual propaganda posted on the tabloid ARNR, you can follow this link:
http://americansagainstarnr.blogspot.com/2007/02/arnr-supports-homophobia.html
The original post from ARNR has been deleted, but you can see CMV comment and even see Gator (a major supporter of ARNR) comment on the post. Another reader of the tabloid comments on the article making fun of homeless people as well. I'm sure you hate homeless people anyway, so you probably laughed hysterically at that one.
If you need more I can find them.
Here's a couple more quick ones for you Meg. I spent about 2 hours scouring the archives at ARNR and found these:
3/6/07 - Vegetarians
2/23/07 - Homeless People
9/5/02 - Overweight People & People With Addiction Problems
9/5/02 - Immigrants/Foreign Workers
While those 4 make fun of people, I am even more angered by some of the things ARNR promotes:
10/8/02 - Pornography
1/16/07 - Child Abuse
3/23/06 - Public Indecency
4/8/05 - Pedophilia
Is this what you want to support?
Aaron
I wasted my time looking up just one of those: 4 8 2005 As I suspected it had nothing to do with pedophilia. I won't waste my time trying to look up any of the others. You guys are complete
liars besides being dweezils. Accusations like these aren't close to being funny either. This site sucks raw eggs poured on stale rye without the mayo.
Meg
I am a "major supporter" of ARNR?
Not sure whether they'll be happy to hear that or not....it was news to me, I'm sure it will be to them.
P.S. With or without mayo, raw eggs on stale rye bread sounds disgusting.
Apparently you're not familiar with NAMBLA Meg? ARNR opening jokes about the North American Man Boy Love Association. ARNR promotes both pedophilia and open borders in this article. If you want to discuss whether these things are good or not, we can do that. I think both are bad.
Aaron
So how is linking to something showing support? They also linked to a white supremicist site. Are you saying they're white supremicists? I guess you need to read the "satire" disclaimer again at the bottom of their home page.
Meg
I'm not sure what "satire" is, but it sounds racist to me.
Post a Comment