Saturday, November 05, 2005

In Memory of Movieland Wax Museum: 1962 - 2005

Yet another casualty (on the long list of them) has gone seemingly unnoticed. Movieland Wax Museum closed its doors on October 31st. Our friend "the Reverend" tells me he attended a High School event with his (future) wife there back in the 80's (back when local cover bands were playing Duran Duran etc - because it was the hottest thing). Closing also is... believe it or not... Ripley's Believe it or Not. Granted, probably most of us haven't been there in a little while... but we would've... if we thought we could go without becoming targets of derision because of it (they, of course, had a wax replication of the Starship Enterprise and its cast - which some of us will make bids on).

How people can't see the connection with ARNR and their types to all this is beyond me. They mock all the things we like including: True Liberty (Libertyland closes); Coasters (Astroworld Closes); Family fun, Star Trek, and Duran Duran (Movieland Wax Museum closes); Real, documented, stories and facts (Ripley's Believe it or Not closes).

Buena Park will never be the same and neither will we. If ARNR isn't stopped we could potentially see Wax Museums closing everywhere.

AA

19 comments:

Katie said...

Damn does it never end? Now I need more serum!

Katie, shoots some in the IV

WildOnesCoasterClub said...

That's too bad about the Ripley's Museum. That place was really cool.

Aaron

Anonymous said...

I actually had some better links to add to this but while I was prepping it the whole thing went down. I think I was sabotaged by ARNR.

AA

Anonymous said...

Wax museums are lame and sick and should all be closed. Arn&r might be doing a public service with this one.

Anonymous said...

I'm with anonymous. Please bury Wax Museums and ALSO Duran Duran for good.

Weekly

Katie said...

Duran Duran gone? OMG Weekly, you need a serum shot!

Katie, who is concerned.

Anonymous said...

Hey now! You better not bash our band, Weekly dude.

Duran Duran saved the lives of cool, hip peeps like the Rev and I. We are still cool, we tease our hair with Aquanet.

At least they are cooler than some of those so-called CD's my friends here at AAAN&R found when they broke into your car.

Duran Duran was THEE band. Look how sane the Rev and I turned out.

Wow! The serum is working!

Times to play more Boils games.....

-Tina

Anonymous said...

We actually have plans to open an Absolutely Reliable Wax Museum in sunny Guam, which we predict to be the next huge tourist hotspot.

The museum, to be underwritten by Halliburton, will feature lifelike replicas of the ACE administration and an entire room dedicated to AAARNR statues, many of which will have some clothing on, though some, it must be admitted, will have only fanny packs. The final room on the tour will be that featuring the staff and editors of ARN&R in action shots in front of actual functioning computers.

There will also be gravy.

Anonymous said...

We actually have plans to open an Absolutely Reliable Wax Museum in sunny Guam, which we predict to be the next huge tourist hotspot.

The museum, to be underwritten by Halliburton, will feature lifelike replicas of the ACE administration and an entire room dedicated to AAARNR statues, many of which will have some clothing on, though some, it must be admitted, will have only fanny packs. The final room on the tour will be that featuring the staff and editors of ARN&R in action shots in front of actual functioning computers.

There will also be gravy.

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

We don't want no stinkin ARN&R wax museum! Even if AAARN&Rers are featured.

We're against such things!

Funky

Anonymous said...

You can run the gift shop, Funky.

Katie can run the infimary.

AA can run...um, something. How do you feel about an exciting career as a museum guard, AA?

Anonymous said...

Of all the low-down, condescending things to say to me. I'm a graduate of Bakersfield College. I have an AA degree which is one of the reasons I go by "AA." No, I will not have any part in this museum, unless it's staging regular protests outside.

AA

Anonymous said...

Dude, like... the link doesn't work

AmericanAgainst said...

Try it now. I also added other links I intended to add before the site was sabotoged by ARNR.

AA

Anonymous said...

ok thanks.

Anonymous said...

Given your impressive resume, how about curator, AA?

Katie said...

I have enough to run, no thanks on your job offer arnr.

Katie, serum lady.

AmericanAgainst said...

NO, ARNR. NO NO NO.

NOW LEAVE ME ALONE while I prepare for my review article of the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD release. Something else YOU don't care about.

AA

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I like the idea of an ARN&R Wax Museum!

As long as they play Duran Duran instead of Musack.

-Tina