Sunday, April 16, 2006

Yale Library Article: That Was Actually Informative

It's weird to me that I actually found the recent ARNR article both insightful and informative.
I, too, hope the Yale library can get its act together.

AA

21 comments:

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

What did it say? I don't goto ARN&R and my sources must be on Easter Holiday.

Funky

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what are them guys pulling over your eyes AA?

Don't be missled, ARN&R is evil, Nothing they do or post can be good.

The towers must fall!

Boils

Anonymous said...

What the article said, basically, is that the Yale library for all it's esteemed reputation, doesn't have nearly enough books on coasters, parks, or even other things geeks like including Star Trek trivia, etc.

I have a hard time believing I'm going to side with this "Boils" person, but AA, if you can't figure out the sarcasm in that article you need to have your head checked.

Weekly

AmericanAgainst said...

I didn't read it that way at all.
Seems to me like a simple, straight forward article about the good but not yet "perfect" Yale library.

I'm turning over a new leaf now and trying to see the best in people.

AA

AmericanAgainst said...

Thanks for that info, Jack. You've helped me reconsider my viewpoint on this.

AA

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

You should AA, Jack is right once again and ARN&R is clueless even on their own Sarcasm.

Funky

Anonymous said...

Except that Krauss isn't at Yale. Other than that, pretty great detective work.

http://www.phys.cwru.edu/~krauss/

Anonymous said...

All outstanding points, except that what you actually wrote is that Krauss "a professor of Physics at Yale" and he's not. I never suggested that he was never there, only that he's not now, which is what you had asserted. So in that, you were, um, what's the word? Wrong. And what's the other word? Foolish.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to American grammar, JL.

"Lawrence M.Krauss a professor of Physics at Yale" indicates that Krauss is presently a professor at Yale. (Also, there should be a space after the period, a comma after "Krauss," and "physics" need not be capitalized.)

If, for example, I say, "JL57, a clueless person with no future, is also prone to drooling," that indicates that you are presently a clueless person with no future. If, on the other hand, I say, "JL57, a former clueless person with no future, has suddently recognized the idiocy of his plans," that would indicate that your clueless nature is in the past, not the present.

Anonymous said...

Well, you showed me.

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

Obviously ARN&R is up to their evil tricks again. Mike Watt is obviously ARN&R trying to get Jacks goat, Im suprised Mike Watt hasn't said something against State Showcase Funpark either.

Thats all they are Jack, Hot air and lies, Lies and more Lies. All created to pick on or destroy people.

The more you take them as the *LOW LIFES* they really are, The better off you'll be.

Funky

Anonymous said...

I love State Showcase Funpark. In fact, I'm hoping you'll book me and my band to play there. Check out my site at www.hootpage.com. Maybe we could play with a puppet show?

If I'd realized this was the JL57, who could control my ability to book a show, I wouldn't have doubted his information. (Except that he is, well, wrong.)

Anonymous said...

JL57, you also could have gotten that information from the very first link I provided. In Krauss's CV, it indicates that he was, indeed, a prof at Yale long ago, before one presumes that his Star Trek enthusiasm got him run out of town. What you're wrong about is not that he was ever at Yale, but that he is presently at Yale rather than a second-rate Ohio facility. Hey, you know something about second-rate Ohio facilities, don't you?

I'd still like to play a gig at your park. When will you be booking bands, and will you have a punk stage?

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

Ok, Ok, Please refrain from personal attacks, However conversations such as above are welcomed abeit being a bit bickerish.

Funky

Anonymous said...

Does that mean I could play a gig every day? That would rule.

P.S. What I posted is that what you posted was not accurate. It's accurate that he was at Yale. Once.

Anonymous said...

I'd actually be interested to listening to what Mike plays and how, too.

AA

Anonymous said...

I work the thud stuff. See my webpage, http://hootpage.com/.

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

I can definetly see the Steelie Dan influence in this music!

Your in like flint Mike Watt!

Funky_Cold_Medina said...

Are you a woman Jack?

The word Whore when refering to themselves is not always derogitory.

There are credit Whores (Like Gator) who are actually proud of it.

Now if you go around calling people, expecially women that, You'd definetly be getting slapped.

Funky

Anonymous said...

Somebody - maybe ARNR - must have hacked my site! Where are the obscene gestures and the dirty words?

Anonymous said...

Mike Watt rocks. If he played at State Showcase that'd be awesome.

I have to admit I find it interesting, though, that he knows so much about the Yale Library.

AA