Now that my kids are back in school, I thought I'd talk about my summer. Initially, I had plans
(as always) to chain-ride coasters at a fervant pace while dragging my family all over the country in a rented RV (on a maxed-out credit card).
While we were in the planning stages, however, those words, attitudes, and of course "articles" of ARNR kept running through my head. Themes like neglectful (even abusive) dads forcing kids on rides (or leaving them in cars - etc).
So this year, we didn't do all that. This year... we went to the beach.
Some of you know that California's central coast is one of the most beautiful locations in the world. From Shell Beach to Morro Bay to San Simeon... the landscape is awe-inspiring. No wonder Mr. Hearst would settle for no other place to build his historic "castle." Between swimming/board games with the kids, and long sunset walks/talks on the beach holding hands with my wife - this has been a summer that my family will never forget. My wife and kids have expressed that they feel "closer to me than ever before." This summer's activities have spawned adulation such as "every summer should be like this..." and... "you're our dream dad."
In short...
THANKS ARNR.
You've RUINED my LIFE.
AA
14 comments:
OMG, Lives ruined, Destroyed.
Arn&r must be defeted!
Chuck
hmmm. maybe you can explain how your life was "worse" before knowing of arnr. i guess i missed something.
arnr fan
LOOK, I WANT MY COASTER LIFE BACK SO SHUT UP. JUST SHUT UP.
-AA
I spent a lot of my summer at the greatest theme park in the world . . . Calico Ghost Town. I've been there 12 times this summer and can't get enough. Does anyone know if the train ride there counts as a coaster credit or not?
Aaron
If you caught the train ride
(complete with ride-ops) open... then, that's bonus credit.
It might be one of the most dangerous rides around.
-rev
Not as dangerous as William Grove's Cyclone. THAT is just......wrong (in all the right ways).
I feel bad your life was rined, just stick to the 12 step program and all will be better.
Katie
What about our lives? They're ruined with all the time it takes to ruin your lives. Where's the sympathy?
THAT'S JUST IT! IF YOU'D STOP RUINING OUR LIVES THEN YOUR LIVES WOULDN'T BE RUINED AND WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO SPEND TIME THINKING ABOUT OUR RUINED LIVES AND HOW THEY GOT RUINED BY YOU, RESULTING IN US SPENDING OUR LIVES TRYING TO RUIN YOUR LIVES IN RETALIATION BECAUSE...
You know what I mean.
JUST STOP. STOP IT.
AA
Williams Grove Cyclone is dangerous. When we were there, a little kid said: "listen, the coaster talks to you"
-rev
Yup, It talked to me too. It said, GET OUT AND PUSH!
Chuck, stop breaking down :)
It told me "I may kill you, beware!" :-)
It also said, Give me your used can of cola to add metal to my lifthill track
The Williams Grove Cyclone touched me funny in my bathing suit area.
Post a Comment