We never thought we'd see this day come. What's been reported to us, however, is true. Our EX-friend "the Reverend" has attempted to turn the tables on the coaster community with a scathing "expose" of the celebrated new coaster "El Toro." We knew you wouldn't believe it, so read it for yourselves.
As if it isn't bad enough he rips on El Toro with this "wholly rolling" stench (where did he get that junk?) worse yet, he sticks it to two of our all time favorite bands: Journey and Bon Jovi.
Funk has tried to reason with him but it's to no avail.
Sorry Rev, you're on "the List." Take your crummy videos and leave.
It's a truly sad day in Coasterdom.
AA
38 comments:
Gator,Cunundrum and Rev! Now that's a LIST to be truly proud of.
Cunundrum
WHAT!?
But... I was just supporting being "purists" as coaster buffs.
Whole grain purists who love the purity of the true wood coaster ride without additives. As my friend says, to be "wholly rolling." I can't believe this. You can't turn on me, I'm one of the earliest supporters of this movement! I still hate ARNR!
-Rev
Welcome to "The List", Rev....it's not really all that bad, once you find a comfortable place to sit and a nice bever-age to sip....
gator, leader of the Third Golden Age...or something...
Rev,
We now have every reason to doubt your true hatred of ARNR. Dissing this much anticipated coaster is hugely dissapointing, and as Chuck seems to mention in that horrid "thread" you sound almost like ARNR yourself. Besides, what about dissing BON JOVI!? Let's hear your justification for THAT!
AA
"Besides, what about dissing BON JOVI!? Let's hear your justification for THAT!"
Good taste? ;~)
I just can't help digging myself a deeper hole... LOL!
I don't hate Bon Jovi, there are a few songs I like.
For instance...
ok...
I'm not a huge fan of Bon Jovi, but I didn't know this was the Bon Jovi fan club, I thought this was the HATING ARNR society.
KNOW that I HATE ARNR. Isn't that enough?
-Rev
Rev person, you should've seen this coming. AA has definite Nazi tendencies. Heard the old saying "first they came for my neighbors and then they came for..."
Weekly
Rev,
There are reasons we hate ARNR. We hate ARNR because they do certain things. One is, they rip our favorite parks and coasters, along with the coaster community. YOU, Reverend, are doing JUST what we HATE. Just like ARNR. So NO it ISN'T enough to say you hate ARNR. You need to LIVE OUT that HATRED by DOING something that all of us on here LOVE.
Let me ask you this: When was the last time you when on an actual, bonafied, coaster trip?
Tell me that.
AA
(Oh, and gator: SHUT UP. Where's Funky when I need him to say that?)
I never put Rev on the list.
IMHO Rev was just making a comparison of traditional vs new breed of rollie coaster.
My reasoning is that I thought the new breed is needed as it is the only way some larger parks, Particularly So. California parks are ever gonna bite building a woodie again.
Chuck, who thought rev sounded like a ARN&R person in his post but doesn't consider him anti coasters and parks.
The Synthetic Funky!
I need clarification. AA, Are you putting Rev on THE LIST? I sure didn't. I think his purest stance isn't anti parks or coasters but just questioned the authintication of some of the new breed of wooden coasters.
Funky, who's not too happy with U2
Oooh, the plot thickens. This is gonna be good. Shoot-out at the coaster geek corral.
Chuck's sidin' with Rev.
Who ya gonna turn to now for support, A(dolf) A?
Weekly
Who's Chuck?
BTW Weekly, You've been on the list since day one, Right behind ARNRFAN FAN.
Funky
Thanks for stickin' with me Funk.
I don't know what's happened to AA.
He's freaking out. It really burns me when he gets abusive with people like Gator, too.
AA, So I have to give a trip report of an actual coaster trip to get off "the list" - it that it?
Maybe you should card me for my
ACE membership, too.
-Rev
I'm new here and I don't understand any of this. Who is this Reverend person and why is he being ousted?
Troy
Reverend is a good park loving guy who just has a bad string of luck lately actually getting to a park.
(Or at least one thats open)
Don't worry Troy, He hates ARN&R as much as you!
Funky
Rev, Beings AA put you on the list. I alone can't take you off as we are a democracy.
While any AAARN&R member in good standing can put someone on the list for questionable practices on parks and coasters. It takes a two person vote to override the LISTY's vote.
Get Katies approval or Wild One (Like you'll ever find him) and then you will be UNLISTED!
Fun-ky
This is strange. I never thought I'd see this. AA, how could you turn on Rev like this? I thought you were friends.
Jim
LOOK:
REV SOLD OUT.
He calls himself an enthusiast, but he's NOT. SHOW ME THE COASTER TRIP, REV.
AND YES, A CLUB MEMBERSHIP WOULD HELP, TOO.
AA
AA,
I hate to admit this, but what one of those antagonists up there said is true. You've become a Nazi. You're ripping on people who are our friends (like Gator) and you're ripping on me - with very little backing and reason for it.
I don't know if I want to be around all this antagonism.
-Rev
This fight is fake. I don't believe it for a second. Rev and AA are faking this fight. They're not really mad at each other.
Bon Jovi Rules and U2 drools.
Serum shooters for Rev and AA. "Love is all ya need"
Katie, who loves referencing the Beatles.
I happen to know for a fact that the REV is member in good standing of the WILDONES. Although, he doesn't visit very often.
Funky ROCKS as usual!
Lisa
WWGZD--- Probably something you wouldn't want. Like thrash and burn.
Lisa
I would definitely recommend that AA have intense discussions with Duncan.
These deep seeded feeling of betrayal should not harbored long term. They will be counter productive to your long-term mental health.
Cunundrum
Seeings how Katie gave Rev a stamp of aproval.
He is no longer on the list!
Funky
I can't believe it's come to this. Talking about some two-bit Japanese created lizard on this American site. Let's remember that the Japanese created lizard was easily whipped by the American created monkey known as King Kong.
This mutiny thing is silly. I'm the lord of this site. I say Rev is out of line, which is also why I deleted his most recent post.
I might just start deleting them all.
AA
Moderator
AA,
You really are a Nazi.
So what you're saying is, for me to be in good graces again, I have to go an a "real" coaster trip and bring back documentation. Then I'll be accepted again?
-Rev
Yes, Rev, that would help. Try being a real enthusiast for a change. All this talk about pure-bread, whole-wheat rolling, when you barely grace the parks anymore.
A trip would be a good park.
I also side with Katie about the Bon Jovi thing. Rev, you say you love coasters like we do. Seems to me "Your Love is Like Bad Medicine."
AA
Now boys. The Rev just wants some lovin. He can't go on coaster trips like we can, his church depends on it.
AA, I know you are the lord of this site, but I am the doc, this anger won't do you any good. Just let it out man, have a good cry and give each other a hug.
Otherwise, I will have to come up with a happy rev edition serum.
Katie, who just got her refill on the serum, does anyone else want some?
Seems like everyone's taken a side accept for Tina and that Jl57 guy.
I wonder what side that JL whack job will take. Also, looks like Rev is being lured to the other side. Who will be next to get the axe from A(dolf) A?
Weekly
Wasn't Rev at Solace?
I mean sheesh, Cut him a little slack.
AA, have you been to any parks or am I gonna have to list you?
Funky
Moderator!
I even have first-hand knowledge that Rev went to Belmont Park pre-Solace for the express purpose of filmi....er, I mean riding the Dipper. We even went to the SeaWorld parking lot so that Rev could be nearer to his "favoritest steel coaster in all of San Diego". If that ain't love, I don't know what is...
I don't see that day trips to a couple of local places gives Rev true enthusiast status. Next, someone will be citing a train ride at Calico Ghost town as qualifying as a legit credit. Rev needs to get out of town and get on a real coaster trip, or I'm going to ask Rev to "get out of town" from this site.
(btw: yes, I've been on numerous coaster trips in the last couple of years. My count is up to 487 including coasters all over the world. I risked the wrath of my family, even, by planning coaster trips through several holidays that are important to them)
AA
Real Enthusiast
Rev has gotten out of town for trips trying to ride coasters. Sheesh, He tried SFNO twice, SFOT which was flooded when he visited. SFMW and others.
You'd think that someone had visited prior and broke the parks just so Rev couldn't enjoy them.
Funky, Who agrees Rev needs to visit some real parks east of the Mighty Miss but isn't forcing it upon him.
Even Gator, A known commie and ARN&R supporter defends Rev actually going to parks.
Sheesh AA, Lighten up a bit, He's been a defender of the good ole american way since day one!
Funk
Who are you people and where did you come from? Why do you spend so much of your time on all this? This is very disturbing to me.
C.O.
Disturbing is right. I have nightmares about this site.
Jack, the proper response to Weekly Reader is.
SHUT UP!
Theres no reasoning with those ARN&R types.
Don't worry Rev, I am with ya. We Duranies have to stick together ya know. Calico Ghost Town needs some lovin' as well.
Love all around, folks. :-) Watch out for that Gator, though. The last I heard he was caught in Long Island. ;-)
Post a Comment