After a deep, heart-felt struggle, it's been decided that the one known as "ARNR Fan" is now officially BANNED from this site. It's not in our nature to ban people, since we're typically respectful of people's views and tastes. This individual, however, has just gone too far. Though some presented the argument "keep in mind he's one of the only regular readers you have on the site" - we're sticking to our guns. We'd rather have a site that nobody reads than have a site that HE reads. For those of you who feel he was a contributor here and enjoyed his rantings, we apologize.
We realize that this will change the dynamic of this site considerably. Although we're thankful in some ways for his frank input, the decision has been made (the council has voted) and he's gone, never to return again (ever).
This is probably an appropriate time to explain our reasonings behind the "banning" of this individual. Our sources tell us that he e-mailed a written message to someone. This person (whom he shouldn't have been e-mailing to begin with) opened the unwanted e-mail and discovered a written message. The person discovering the message then forwarded the e-mail to someone else. When that person received it... he read it. It's a shame that all this is going on. Once again, we feel it's in the best interest of this site to permenantly BAN "ARNR fan."
There are some rumors going around that some on this site feel like he SHOULDN'T have been banned. Those rumors need to stop. We know that people have their sentimental favorite contributors, but what must be done must be done. Be certain that the AAARNR administration team has been deliberating about this for quite some time. Besides literally losing sleep over this, several members of the team have become physically ill. Be mindful that our site is read by numerous people within the coaster community industry and that flagrant posters, if allowed to continue in their "ways," can prove detrimental to us ever being able to host any kinds of events at parks.
We're certain if all those reading this knew all the facts about the situation they'd side with the decision that's been made. On my own part, I even made a phone call to a member of my family (my mother) about the decision before "pulling the plug" (so to speak). It's our stated goal that as many people as possible will be able peruse the information found on this site without this ever having to happen again. Somehow, we should all be able to enjoy the company of other like-minded people who hate ARNR without the kind of flagrancies going on that make the experience of coming here less enjoyable. Once again, if this decision has offended anyone, we're sorry, but it just has to be this way.
Since we are in no way are trying to depreciate the fond memories that people have of ARNR fan, we're going to let his existing posts remain on the site. The posts themselves are now forever archived and nothing can change that, like the good times they represent to some. Some will likely read them and say "if they represent good times, why does it have to end this way?" Never mind that, what's done is done. There are principles that have to be maintained in order for this to be the quality site that people know and love. If you have any more questions about this decision, or any other decisions pertaining to AAARNR's website, feel free to email us and, if need be, we can spend hours (or even days) discussing it. Until people are ready to discuss this issue like adults, however, let's be of one mind in getting back to our usual pursuit of bringing down ARNR.
AA
Moderator
67 comments:
I plan to boycott your site, starting immediately.
I will return hourly to check on your response.
Shut up!
I personally have no problem with a heckler if he keeps it clean and doesn't get personal.
No emails Period.
Heck, Just ban the Fan of the Fan!
Funky
We are fully aware that there are fans of arnr fan out there, and we're appreciative of your response to this issue. Nonetheless, we remain firm in our conviction that keeping this individual around was not ultimately in the best interests of this site. We'd hope that nobody would have to feel the need to boycott our site because of the loss of arnr fan, but we can't bend from the principles behind the decision that's been made. It's certainly understandable why people would be fans of arnr fan. Still, we'd hope that people could live out the "spirit" of arnr fan while not exhibiting the particular actions of arnr fan.
AA
moderator
We'd hope to not have to ban any fan of the fan. However, we do reserve the right to do so if the
recipient of the ban is deemed deserving.
AA
Administrator
Here that ARNR Fan, Be nice in your heckling.
Funky
for whatever reason i continue to read this site. it's about the strangest thing i've come across.
i can't figure out what you guys are about. this most recent post and responses are the strangest of all. i can never tell if you guys are joking. in some ways i kind of like it that way. i read posts on places like coasterbuzz and people are vbery direct. not here.
Make no doubt, We are seriously set on the total distruction of that sight that is unspeakable and even boycotts itself.
Jim, Your setting yourself up to be made fun of by them and if it happens, You'll become a full fledged member of AAARN&R because thats just how we are.
Nobody should be degraded, humiliated and spat on like we have.
Enough's Enough! Join AAARN&R and defeat the evil doers that are ARN&R.
We have made signifigant strides in the last several hours in our nearly year and a half struggle to get rid of once and for all. ARN&R.
It's bad enough that they claim to like Duran Duran but don't have a album, CD, 8 track or cassette of them anywhere.
Funky, Recruiter for AAARN&R
the thing is, i'm a regular reader of arn&r. i like their site, but i guess i'm kind've like that tina person. i like this site, too.
Jim,
I hope you and others realize that
removing ARNR fan from this site was nothing like what happened to Clint Novak at coasternet. Whereas Clint was driven out, ARNR fan created his own destiny. We're not here to drive anyone out. We're here to have discussion about the evils and negative impact of ARNR not only on the coaster community, but also on the world. We don't foresee driving you (or Tina) out.
AA
I must admit that I'm more confused than ever about your site too. I've been reading it thinking this was just a joke but now some guy gets banned.
What gives?
It also seems like the site has become a kind of AA dictatorship.
How come that Katie person never writes articles any more? Like arnr fan said, what happened to Aaron? Did you "drive" them away?
I'm very concerned about your treatment of ARNR Fan Fan. You've got some Funky guy telling him to "Shut up!" and then AA is threatening a ban without ARNR Fan Fan doing anything wrong. I suppose now I, ARNR Fan Fan Fan, will be at risk. But I warn you - I've got, let me count, at least eight people ready to back me up, all the way down to to ARNR Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan. So keep your odor away from me, Funky, and AA...well, let your actions be guided appropriately.
Trust me, The only stench waifing around here comes from ARN&R.
Funky has to do with music but leave it to a ARN&R fan fan fan too ass/u/me a meaning.
Do you think ARN fan, or fan fan will create an Americans Against Americans Against ARN&R? Now that would cool.
Jim, I am on the fence, but I don't harrass anyone on either site. I am only here to get help for my heavy ARN&R addiction, however, I still can't keep from clicking on it. I try to remove ARN&R from my favorites list but it keeps mysterious reappearing.
-Tina
Funky has never, ever, been to Funky Town. I know. I'm the mayor of Funky Town.
He might not think it has to do with odor, but those of us with functioning noses know better.
This is a anti ARN&R site, If you wish to post insults, Please do so via ARN&R so we can't see it.
Nobody reads that site anymore anyway so we will continue until you either quit or go bankrupt hosting it.
Funky, Who wonders who's crying now over a stupid blog?
This is a anti ARN&R site, If you wish to post insults, Please do so via ARN&R so we can't see it.
Nobody reads that site anymore anyway so we will continue until you either quit or go bankrupt hosting it.
Funky, Who wonders who's crying now over a stupid blog?
I'm just here as a fan of ARNR Fan Fan. I don't even know what ARNR is.
And those tears? Again from the smell.
Your flirting dangerously with Bannedom
MR. Fan fan fan.
Please don't ban my daddy.
ARNR Fan Fan Fan Fan (aka ARNR Fan Fan Fan Jr.).
Ok Fan fan fan fan.
But he's on life support.
Funky
Tina, There is already a boycott the boycott thread over on URC anything goes board.
Just click the boycott the boycott link at the right of the AAARN&R homepage.
Chuck, who thinks it never got going because AAARN&R stands for truth, Justice and the right not to be picked on by the evil ARN&R.
I don't know how it could happen, but now a word has come in that ARNR has posted a side-bar bit that's an indirect insult at our site... and especially some of our readers - including Tina.
I will certainly not go there to verify, but if it's true that there's an insult of fans of Duran Duran and Pop-metal bands - this rips pretty heavily against people we know and love.
AA
Toasty, I assure you nobody has driven away Katie or Aaron in any way. They're still very much our friends. To compare us to coasternet and the unwarranted incident with Clint Novak is ridiculous.
Also, to everyone:
Be aware that there's no hint of stench with Funky.
Finally... to ARNR fan fan fan:
Just out of curiosity...
Who IS your daddy?
AA
Also... I'm actually thankful to know that around 8 people are in some way linked with the readership of our site. Even if it's all those fans of fans it makes no difference to us. We're obviously having an impact.
AA
Even though I read ARN&R there are some subjects I just choose to ignore. I attended the most recent Duran Duran tour because I've always been a fan. Anyone who doesn't think DD is cool needs to tell that to the people of the 1/4 to 1/2 full arenaa where they've played. Someone also needs to show me a bigger gathering of nice-looking woman in their early to mid 40's.
See, Jim. This is the very sort of issue we've had with ARNR all along. They act like they're so "cool" and then rip on the really cool stuff out there. They promote their gathering using Def Leppard and then it turns out (as we have strong reason to believe) they don't even really like them.
We're currently compiling a list of bands/movies etc that they've ripped on, and when people see this on a tabulated list they'll for certain think 3 times about whether or not those ARNR guys are cool. People in the coaster scene will be thinking "what could these 'cool' guys possibly be listening to?" Rippin' on the likes of Duran Duran, Bon Jovi (etc) is going to turn-off a ton of people in the coaster world. If they want to cross the final line and diss Loverboy they'll see all heck break loose.
AA
Hey, Im becoming a Duran Duran fan now :)
As well you should be, Chuck.
There's a rumor they recently made fun of Styx, too. Some of us are pretty Hungry Like the Wolf mad right now. They're starting to cross lines from which they might never recover. How could they expect to continue to have readers?
-Rev
Rev, They keep dishing out everything they can muster, So far we have be lite in or stance. I know we have plenty of anti ARN&R folks waiting in the wings.
Go ahead ARN&R, Make fun of me.
I got my life restored and my funk on.
Be afraid, Be very afraid.
I'm leaning at this point at becoming part of your AAARNR group. I'll admit that ARN&R keeps making fun of many things I like. The recent Japan trip comments are making me kind've mad. I have some friends on that trip. So how do I become a part of what you're doing?
Participate or send your article against ARN&R to one of the contributors. You will be given full recognition.
My article was gonna be to do with how lazy and chicken ARN&R is to make fun of people who aren't even here.
Godzilla and the ACER, My Gosh, How creative.
Funky
Who are you people? And why are you doing this?
Stacy
These guys have it out for that other site (arn&r) and the bitterness runs deep. Or at least I think it does. Why else would they be doing this?
It almost seems to me like they're defeating themselves. Is anyone supposed to take this seriously?
Stacy
We are deep in or resolve to defeat those who would make fun of us.
It's working too, They are down to mainly sidebars with no real stories anymore.
They can't even make a whole article on anyone anymore.
Stay tuned for the ten steps to destroy arn&r or at least tick them off article.
Funky.
The sidebar comment on Duran Duran was hilarious. :-P The site kicks booty!
Serum please? Katie?
Anonymous:
Being that most of us have been specifically singled out and publicly ridiculed by them, I assure you that many of the people in their articles our real. To say they aren't "real" is to suggest that the people on this site aren't "real." You have my word that the people on this site are real (really). In fact, you might say we're real Americans. We have jobs, care about our families/friends - have normal hobbies (like bowling - and, of course - coasters). We're just tired of them (ARNR) making fun of us. Some people don't even seem to understand when they're being made fun of - but we do. We're trying to warn people that ARNR is making fun of them.
We get sarcasm, we just don't get why people would utilize sarcasm to destroy the reputations of innocent Americans (who are in this case innocent American coaster enthusiasts).You might look down in the archives and read Aaron Young's testimony (the 2nd one written) and see how from our inception we're a people who are saying "enough is enough."
We hope you will continue to read here more and see our side of things. Your input is always welcome as long as you don't venture down the path of that particular "arnr fan."
AA
Moderator
Tina, I fail to see the hilarity.
They're singling us out. Every time we reveal aspects of our daily lives they make fun of us and make us a public spectacle. We should be able to enjoy Duran Duran and pop metal ballads without this kind of public ridicule. I hope Katie can bring you to your senses.
AA
Since others are starting to now, I just want to chime in also. I like this site and what you're saying. I'm tired of the anti-enthusiast cult over there.
Tyrone Shoelaces
So you people can't laugh at yourselves, Is that it?
Is this for real? Seriously?
I apologize if anyone has suffered for real but making fun of people is fun. At least to ARN&R and it's readers.
Can't you see that?
Can't we all just get along?
Why not make fun of ourselves?
Lighten up and let ARN&R be. Im sure they are great people too.
Anonymous
Exactly! I love my 80's tastes being made fun of! Make fun of my DD obsession, please! ;-) Yes, I LOVED Warrant! I loved Loverboy!
Oh god....hopefully the serum will cure these thoughts.....Katie, can't wait for you to return from FL! I am in desperate need!
I am still PO'd that some members of AAARN&R didn't find anything more interesting in those so-called "liars" cars other than a disturbing collection of "artsy band" CD's. Wasn't the used dental floss you found in their trash enough to send you running?
At least some of the ARN&R members must have SOME good taste in music...they have to.....maybe they just "planted" that *collection* to fool you. Maybe they "planted" those T-shirts at HW for you to steal. You just never know.
I NEED SERUM NOW!
Tina, It's the needle for sure for you.
Were gonna break out the special hickaw serum for you.
I can't believe people would actually ask us to relax after what they have done. They don't just make fun of you, They are out to humiliate you.
Don't fall for it.
Funky, realizing that they can't even make a full story anymore so we might have already won.
Anonymous, we respect your input.
Keep in mind that the suffering is for real and runs deep. It's deeper than the canyon on the Death Star. We're just trying to navigate the best we can. If you read Aaron's post back in this site's first month of existence you'll see an example of the kind of "path" several on here have "walked" to arrive at their opinions. Several on here were at one time regular ARNR readers (almost "addicts" as Katie's article speakes to). There are a lot of people out there who laugh at things but then it becomes different when they're the ones singled out in public. Case in point, even you going "anonymous" on this site is evidence that people often don't want their real name out there when they goof up or whatever. I don't have a problem with your anonymity(sp?) but if you came on here with your real name and then ARNR took what you said and made fun of you - you might feel differently.
I'm not trying to get you to give your name (you likely don't know mine - which is intentional) - but, out of curiosity, have you or something you've said/done ever been personally singled out by ARNR?
Just curious.
At AAARNR we want to "get along" -which is just it. We want to be able to be enthusiasts who can do things that don't have to be considered "cool" in the eyes of critical people and just have fun without all the pretense and pressure. Most of us ride coasters to get away from all that. It's pretty obvious in the coaster community that not everybody listens to college rock radio and watches PBS. If I want to write a TR on a site about how I blasted Bon Jovi CDs on the way to a park and had the song "Blaze of Glory" on my mind while going up the lift hill of a new hyper-steel, I want to be able to say that without uppity people making fun of me about Bon Jovi being some kind of old, dated, insipid, drivel of a band (or whatever).
Here at AAARNR we're just people.
Real people who do real people kinds of things. We go bowling (regularly) and on here we admit it. We once challenged ARNR people to a BOWL-off but they didn't accept. I'm guessing it's because they're not into bowling. That's fine, but we're not likely into the stuff they're into. We're real people who eat real people food. Example, I have nothing against Thai people but I'm not going to go to a Thai restaurant just to impress someone when I'd just as soon have Chicken Fried steak (yes, with gravy) at a local coffee shop. We're people who like music we grew up listening to, and movies that make us laugh or whatever. As someone forwarded some info to me recently about the "movie" theme now on ARNR... SO WHAT if I haven't seen "CITIZEN CAIN" or whatever the name of that movie is(?). SO WHAT if I'm more interested in Star Wars? So WHAT if I like Duran Duran? Some of us are too busy with work to keep up with music trends (etc). Even still, it's hard to say what kinds of music will make a "revival" of sorts. Who would've thought the Village People's "YMCA" would become a staple for a new generation? One of these many, varied, nearly two-decade-old Duran Duran comeback attempts might even surprise everyone and be quite succesful.
Then who will have the last laugh?
When I go out with my wife to concerts like that we even still dress in 80's gear/accesaries. Who CARES if I can barely get my spandex pants over my gut? I even re-aggrevated an old shin splint dancing to "Union of the Snake" but so what? Sure I don't have as much hair to "mouse" as I used to but so what? We're having a great time, and others should be allowed to have a great time without ARNR on their backs.
If you've seen the film Napolean Dynamite I think it's clear that one of the points of the film is "who's to say who or what really is 'cool'?" Maybe it's the so-called "nerds/losers" who are actually pretty "cool" (so to speak).
I'll make this commitment to you.
We'll "leave them alone" when they start leaving other people alone.
For now, I'll stop with the speech.
Sorry this is so speechy.
Again, your views are respected here. We know not everybody agrees with us but we think there are a few out there who do.
AA
Moderator
SERUM NEEDLES ALL AROUND, ESPECIALLY FOR TINA!!!!
So I can watch PBS, Listen to Steely Dan and eat porkrinds?
Wow, AAARN&R has the right idea.
Anonymous, Who can't believe I was led down the path that I have to be perfect in everyones eyes to be accepted.
I may even come out from under my Anonyminity soon.
Thanks AA!
ARNR FAN GET OFF OF HERE AND QUIT IMPERSONATING ME! I THOUGHT I'D GOTTEN RID OF YOU. HOW'D YOU GET BAKC ON HERE!? GET OUT OF HERE!
ANONYMOUS...
I'm glad you're starting to see the light.
AA
BTW, Anonymous:
You can listen to Steely Dan but you'd better not be listening to
Rush.
AA
I can't believe how weird it's getting around here. I don't think it can get any more weird than it already is, and then it does.
Stacy
I listen to Rush all the time.
It's in the limelight these days.
Funky, Flying by night away from ARN&R
I keep having to delete arnr fan. He's a tricky one who won't leave us alone. As for this pseudo-anonymous one... well...
We might have to fight fire with fire.
AA
Wait a minute, what does that mean?
Who is this "anonymous" person? Is this someone you know?
Stacy
Stacy, we're not really sure. It's likely an ARNR "plant" who knows a few "inside" things about us. Just another ARNR fan of some kind posing as someone we know. Pay no mind to that person.
AA
What'd I Do?
Im just confused is all.
I'll likely come around seeing as how you all have been treated so badly. I certainly don't want that.
I was just thinking there is a place for everything, Even ARN&R. Now I know better.
Anonymous
Actually, I now realize that you deserve such treatment. I'll keep coming, but only to make fun. There is a place for ARN&R, and that place is to make fun of people like you.
Anonymous
HEY! That wasn't me!
That had to be that fan dude.
I'll come out very soon, Just give me a chance.
The real Anoymous
Hey, that wasn't me! Who's messing with me? And who's claiming to be the "real" Anonymous? Jerk.
I'll just come out now.
-Jeff Putz
Oy
Another wannabe Putz.
One's bad enough pal.
Good riddence.
My brain hurts now.
Tyrone Shoelaces
My apologies to everyone for this rash outbreak of impersonations. Here we're trying to run a respectable site where people can express their true feelings about ARNR and we get littered with all this trash. I'll give you all one guess who's behind this. I'm going to let some of these posts stay for a little while so people can see the true colors of those guys at ARNR.
BTW, I don't believe that's Jeff Putz for a second. I know Jeff Putz and he's a focused guy who wouldn't play anonymous games like this. If we were on here talking about coaster stats, height/speed records, ert sessions (important things that relate to our hobby) he might log on and post - but he wouldn't grace a dialogue such as this. I don't know (just yet) how he feels about ARNR but when he finds out he's being impersonated by them he'll become a formidable ally against them. Putz has influence over a huge segment of the kinds of people ARNR makes fun of (our kinds of people) - and all these so-called "geeks' aren't going to like this at all.
AA
Moderator
You're right.
It's actually me.
I'm so ashamed.
-Eric Gieszl
It's time to hit the ignore button.
Nobody's gonna read you so go post on ARN&R and leave us alone.
Oh, Thats right, Your sights dying and were gaining strength.
Poor ARN&R fan.
ARNR just keeps diggin' their own grave. Now, by impersonating Eric G, they're going to insight the wrath of URC. Rumor has it that all the "PCW's" over there have never really liked ARNR to begin with, and once they find out about this they're going to stalk ARNR in force. Soon Miguel will get flooded with mail from PCWnut, PCWfreak, PCWlover, PCWaddict, PCWskyrider (etc times 37) and he'll be overwhelmed.
He will then surrender.
AA
Wait till I get Jack M in here.
They will be sorry
.
Rest assured fan of the fan of the fan of the fan of ARNR, I'm still around. I've been very busy lately with another venture (see related article), but I'm every bit as much involved in the behind the scenes aspects of the boycott as ever.
Aaron
Hows that baby BTW?
We gotta defeat ARN&R so the baby can grow up in a world and not be made fun of by bullies like them.
Chuck, glad to see Aaron get five minutes a day for the cause.
Post a Comment